Do you enjoy working in an environment of smaller teams with fewer (or zero) levels of bureaucracy, where everyone is closer to one another and utilizes technology to maintain a work life balance? There is a future for you here in an environment where your skillset is not pigeonholed; you’re going to see and do many different things and you will get a chance to expand your horizons. Our growing company believes in a sense of community when providing our customers with innovative solutions, evolving education, and the highest standard of excellence. We strive to be the most trusted leader providing innovative technology solutions through valued partnerships with our customers. If you love technology and are ready to break the corporate mold to deliver the right solutions at the right time, utilizing the most cutting edge products and services, then N-ovation Technology Group is the company for you!
NTG is seeking a Sr Network Engineer located in Bend, OR for a Telecom service provider who augments telecom for the carries. This position will be focused on iWan.
***Position is based in Bend, OR but travel to stores outside of Bend (and other States) may be required (for onsite presence during cutovers)
· Have iWAN experience but can help train the existing staff on iWAn and best practice; will be looked at as a leader.
· 8-5 hours on-site- change control windows 9-12 a night on Wed. on call rotation once every 5 weeks
· Part of the team they are supporting the new network as well as existing. Prime is ideal.
· Current network consists of 500 consumer grade stores
· Consumer grade
· Very jr. network operations center helps only with teir 1 troubleshooting.
***Culture Alert****Customer service is priority for client… culture of no swearing… You are expected to treat others as you wish to be treated****
Skills / Qualifications:
· Strong demonstrated knowledge of network design and troubleshooting skills of network functions: including switching, routing and security
· Strong understanding OSI Model and network-related protocols
· General Knowledge and Abilities:
· Analytical Skills: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Communication: Ability to communicate technical and non-technical information clearly and professionally (both verbally and in writing) while ensuring that the quality and content of the message are relevant to the circumstances; ability to be an active-listener; the ability to draft, proofread, and send written communications effectively; the ability and willingness to carefully listen to others by asking appropriate questions and avoiding interruptions
· Confidentiality: Ability to work confidently, effectively and with discretion with all staff
· Flexibility: Willingness to work in an ever-changing environment with the ability to positively adapt to organizational, process, and technology changes
Education / Experience:
· Meraki firewalls
· Bachelor's Degree or 6-8 years’ experience in designing, maintaining and supporting Network systems in an enterprise or service provider environment required
· Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) required
· Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification desired
N-ovation Technology Group, LLC (NTG) provides best in class IT Network Design, Architecture, and Integration Services. Our staff has been at the forefront of strategy and technology for more than 40 years in the government and commercial industry. Today, the firm provides management and technology consulting, cyber, cloud and networking engineering services to leading Fortune 500 corporations, governments and not-for-profits. NTG partners with public and private sector clients to solve their most difficult challenges through a combination of staff-augmentation, program management, consulting, technology, systems engineering, cybersecurity and innovation. NTG’s dedication to excellence and our commitment to customer satisfaction is priority. We believe in our vision wholeheartedly and set an example for outstanding customer service. NTG was established on the core strength of “integrity”. We will always be honest, upfront and transparent with our clients.
N-ovation Technology Group, LLC is 100% Veteran Owned company and an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. We encourage Veterans to join our team.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Employee may be required to stand and walk for several hours performing various job related duties.
This position description reflects NTG's assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company's latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
· Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
· Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
· The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.